Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Disastrous Spring

So I give up! Once again the raccoons have raided a birdhouse, this time taking out the new bluebird nest and taking the four eggs!

I'm a nature lover and actually been tolerant of raccoons but this year they have turned destructive! They have raided my bird food buckets which are in a deck box. They have got into cabinets! They have broke bungie cords! They have killed over 15 babies! And today they broke a feeder line and carried off the feeder to parts unknown!

I've bought extension poles, feeders on metal wire, moved houses and feeders and this year nothing seems to stop them. I've been at this house for over 10 years and NEVER had this much damage in basically one month. ARGH!!!!

I love my birds but not sure what to do about these raccoons!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear! I know how frustrating that can be...I just had a deck removed and concrete patio put in place because of the vermin living underneath (raccoons and groundhogs). Wild Birds Unlimited has a great pole system you might want to check out. And, it's 25% off right now through the end of the month. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete