Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Finally happy again

This spring I decided that I was tired of the 'normal' finch feeder style and the fact that seeds always stayed in the bottom and they were not the easiest to clean. So off to the Duncraft.com website I went in search of a new finch feeder. Of course I took the "what's on sale" route and ended up with the BirdsChoice Nyjer Forever Feeder - http://www.duncraft.com/index/page/product/product_id/781/category_id/22/category_chain/19,22/product_name/BirdsChoice+Nyjer+Forever+Feeder'

When the package came, the feeder was really easy to put together and I was very pleased with the quality, however my family of gold finches were not as thrilled as I was. They were not having anything to do with it and I had almost given up hope. I actually looked at the old tube style again but resisted buying one quite yet. Well, low and behold one little finch starting using the new feeder and soon the family was together again. The feeder is finally beginning to look more and more like the picture in the Duncraft advertising. I've posted both for prove. Mine is the one with the red barn in the background.

So I guess we'll be keeping the new feeder and I can recommend it but give your feathered friends some time to adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment