Sunday, May 22, 2011

Let's try this again!


So my awesome bluebird couple is over the disappointment of the raccoon attack and have taken up residence in one of the other houses on my property. I wasn't sure they were going to stay as I watch the nest building but today we have eggs, 3 so far.

A few days ago they started the build but then disappeared. Not sure if the constant rain on those days made a difference or not. However, Thursday I noticed the nest was completed but still no sign of the couple. Well, yesterday I saw the male on a wire above the new house and today I saw them together by the house.

I took a picture and BAM we've got eggs. I'm actually glad they picked this house because my thin cell phone slides in a gap in the top so I don't have to disturb them too much to track progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment