Thursday, April 14, 2011

Not So Happy Turkey Day

Today I saw two rare things on my drive back to work at lunch. The one road to work is known to have large flocks of turkeys during almost any time of day and on almost every single day, but no matter how many times I've seen them I still say "TURKEYS". However, today was a little different, I got to say "TURKEY" but then thought 'that's strange - only one turkey!'

The person riding with me thought the same thing and we had a little conversation about how you never see a single turkey. It was about that time that I noticed something strange going on in the traffic ahead, it was a cloud of feathers. I could have reached out the window and collected several. It was a sad sight which brought us to the second conversation of 'you don't see that very often either' but at least we knew why the only was alone.

I think in all my years of passing hundreds of turkeys on this road, I've never seen one hit and it's always rare to see a single butterball usually it's twenty to thirty together. So hopefully that lone turkey will soon find a new friend in the natural turkey farm I have the privilege to drive past almost everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment