Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We've got babies


You might think these are part of my bluebird family but this is actually my backyard neighbors, the chickadees!

You can try to count the number of babies in the picture because I can't figure it out other than there is still one to go!

I had seen the chickadees going back and forth to one of the birdhouse in my backyard but I wasn't sure they had really claimed ownership since the house wrens usually take up residence there and they were around it screaming. Today I decided to check the house and was shocked that there were babies already.

I don't think I've ever seen a chickadee nest and I have to say I'm quite impressed with their use of moss and other soft nesting material. If the house wrens were in there it would be all sticks and not quite as comfortable.

I'll keep updates on these babies too especially since the way this house is build it's really easy to get cell phone pictures without opening the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment