Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring is in the air....time to blog again


After taking a break from this blog for no real reason it's time to bring it back and I hope to give more to it this year with not only bird pictures and happenings but with product reviews.

So here we go! My bluebirds are back! Building in the same 'throw away' house from last year that I was just too scared to move for the fear they wouldn't build a nest this year. It's sort of like that old saying ' don't fix what's not broke' and since they successfully raised three sets of young last year I'm not planning on fixing anything. Well, I think I'll replace the bungie cord soon but that's it. The pair showed up last weekend and today were busy building the nest so shouldn't be long till I have updates on them so look for that soon.

The other thing this year is that I've changed part of my yard by removing part of a deck which opened up a whole new area for my love of birds. Duncraft loves this fact because I went a little nuts shopping on their site and I'll show you some of these recent purchases in upcoming blogs.

The picture here is of the super Squirrel Stopper System which by the way was not purchased to stop squirrels which I only have a few of and don't mind at all so mine should be called the "Raccoon Stopper System" or at least that's the hope. While I love raccoons I can't have them on my deck with a dog that see them as something to play with. Anyway, first impression of the 'system' is that I love all the hooks and most of the construction but for some reason it's wobbly at the base but we'll see how it works out. Also, in that picture you can see a few new feeders I'm trying out and will let you know about.

So I hope you will find this blog a little entertaining and informative and if you do I encourage you to share it to get the audience up to make it worth doing. I would also love feedback so comment away.

No comments:

Post a Comment