Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Not a good start...

Well, as my first post stated I was so excited that this year was the year that the bluebirds were going to stay. Let me say today is a sad day. I came home from work and noticed that the male was no longer proudly sitting in the chestnut tree as he has been every moment of every day for weeks now, so I watched the house for awhile. Waiting a few hours with no sign of either bird I decided to check the house and the eggs are gone. No clue what happened. No sign of the raccoons digging through the hole which has happened in the past so maybe a snake but doesn't much matter now does it?

Well, tomorrow we'll find something else to focus on and we'll go from there.

1 comment:

  1. So sad to hear. The robin that was on my windowsill is gone as well, but the eggs were left behind. Something must have scared them away.

    ReplyDelete