Saturday, May 1, 2010

Afterlife as a vulture

While I often say if there is an afterlife and you come back as a creature I want to come back as a bird, a vulture would not be my choice at all. However I do find myself often staring jealously at the occasional vulture that sails over. Especially on windy days like today.

Have you ever really watched a vulture fly? While the thought off there daily mission for food is not exactly appealing, their gift for floating on a breeze is amazing. On most if not all days, the vulture will circle the sky without a single flap of their wings. They have an amazing ability to glide effortlessly once airborne. I often find myself staring with amazement as they fly and then saying "I wish I could do that" and thing about an afterlife as a bird. But then remember that it's a vulture and who would ever want to come back as road kill cleaner. I wouldn't want that job in my human life so why in hell would I want it in my afterlife. I guess it would be like if the Department of Highways Road Kill Crew got to drive a Maserati then maybe more people want that job too.

Anyway, next time you see a vulture just watch it and forget about it's job and try to pay attention to the gracefulness of its flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment